High Vibe Q&A: Tish
Highlighting amazing women who are just living their best high vibe lives.
City: Salt Lake City
Occupation/Job Title: Event Venue Owner
Years of experience: 2
1. What does your job title mean? What does your job entail?
I am 1 of 2 owners of an event venue, so my job entails everything from social media to meeting with clients for tours to setting up their event and cleaning it up.
2. How did you get into this field of work?
I was so tired of having parties for my kids at fun centers where they cost so much and limit everything from your time of usuage to ordering off their menu. So I started a space that was adordable and leaves you with all the options of making the party fit your needs.
3. When do you wake up? What do your mornings usually look like?
I usually wake up at 6am and I make breakfast for my kids and take my son to school. I homeschool my daughter so she spends days with me.
4. What does lunch normally look like for you?
Lunch for me is usually some sort of veggie quesadilla or tuna sandwhich with some kind of fruit and water.
5. How does a workday end for you?
My work day never really ends being that we are a small business I try to get back to clients within 30min. However we have lots of family dance parties at night and usually end with a bowl of family popcorn.
6. What do you do after work? An event? Dinner? More work?
I usually do dinner and watch a movie with the family or we dance! We a re a big dancing family.
7. Best part about being your own boss?
The best part of being my own boss is that I get to take my kids to work with me. I set my schedule at the venue around my home life. So I love that I work 50+hours but still feel like a stay at home mom.
8. What is your favourite type of event to host?
Kids birthday parties are my favorite events! I love how excited kids and grateful kids are. They watch their parent buying stuff for the party and they are still as excited and surprised when it all comes together.
9. Number one tip on how to juggle being an entrepreneur and a mom?
The best tip I could give is get your kids involved! My kids love setting up tables and doing photoshoots. Which makes it more like a family adventure instead of a job and they understand more of what goes into my job leaving them feeling less left out if mom is busy.
10. Finally, where can we find you on social media?
We are on Instagram as @tishandcompany and on Facebook as /slcfreshevents.