10 Ways to Improve Your Health Today
April 7th is World Health Day. Therefore, I wanted to focus on that word: HEALTH. What does it really mean? How can one achieve it?
Health, to some, means food and nutrition.
To others, it means exercise, energy and physical health.
To some, it means mental health.
To others still it means emotional health, living life to the fullest and being happy.
To some it means social well being.
And yet to others it means prevention.
If you look up the definition of health, it states that it is "the state of being free from illness or injury."
And these are all correct. All of these components make up what we call HEALTH.
There are various degrees of health. It's a very grey area and, although most people commonly tend to place themselves and others in either the "healthy" or "unhealthy" category, there is so much more to it.
However, there are some things we can do, some habits we can implement, in order to improve our health in a variety of ways. And some of these may be simpler than you thought possible yet pack a big punch when it comes to their impact.
So I created a list of 10 habits that can improve your health TODAY in all of the categories listed above!
1. Eat a fresh fruit or vegetables.
2. Move your body. You don’t have to move far. You don’t have to make it intense. Just move. your. body.
3. Call or visit a friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile.
4. Schedule something in your day that you genuinely love doing.
5. Create a morning routine.
7. Get some good quality sleep.
8. Sit up straight, soften your forehead, unclench your jaw, relax your shoulders, take a few deep breaths.
9. Drink a tall glass of water.
10. Eliminate a negative thought with two positive ones.